The WindLily Turbine is a portable wind turbine created by the manufacturers of the WaterLily. Capable of generating 15 watts of power in 16 mph winds.
Our team of experts independently researches and tests products to bring you our best recommendation. When you buy through our links, we may get a commission. Read our affiliate disclaimer here.
Wind energy can be harvested with turbine technology and used for a number of off-grid applications.
Portable wind turbines allow for an even wider variety of uses. The WindLily, designed by the manufacturers of the WaterLily, is a portable wind turbine that can generate 15 Watts of power from 16 mph winds.
Key Features of the WindLily Turbine
- Portable turbine can be set up in any location
- Easy to pack and transport
- Provides 15 watts of power in 16 mph winds
- Can provide a maximum of 23 watts in 22 mph winds
- Comes with USB or 12V output
Seaformatics is a Canadian company that specializes in hydropower technology and has spent 10 years perfecting a portable device that can generate energy through River Power.
After the success of the WaterLily Turbine, the team at Seaformatics created the WindLily turbine for harvesting wind energy in off-grid situations.
How Does it Work?
Generating electricity from wind
The WindLily works as an attachment to the WaterLily turbine, and includes all the necessary components to convert the WaterLily into a fully functional wind turbine.
Because the bundle also includes the WaterLily river turbine, the entire turbine package can be used as either a river turbine or wind turbine, depending on the environment and weather conditions.
Included in the WindLily turbine package is:
- 1x WaterLily Turbine
- 1x WindLily Accessory
- 1x Multipurpose Mount
- 1x Emergency Hand Crank
The WindLily blades are attached to the WaterLily turbine, and then attached to the tripod mount. The fully assembled Wind Turbine can then be positioned in an area with adequate wind speeds to generate electricity.
On average, the WindLily can generate 15 watts of power in wind conditions of 16 mph. The WindLily can handle a maximum of 22 mph winds, generating up to 23 watts of power.
The power generated from the WindLily is enough to charge small devices with as much electricity as a wall outlet. Like the WaterLily, the WindLily is available in either USB connection or 12V output options.
The USB version is ideal for charging small devices while the 12V option is ideal for daisy-chaining and routing power into a battery bank.
WindLily Turbine Technicals Specs
- 7" diameter × 3" thick (180 mm × 76 mm)
- Minimum wind speed: 7 mph (10 km/h, 5 kt)
- 15 Watt Output: 16 mph (25 km/h, 13.5 kt)
- Maximum 23 Watts: 22 mph (36 km/h, 19.5 kt)
- 10 ft / 3 m power cord
Where Can I Buy It?
- Provides up to 15 watts of power
- 24/7 energy harvesting - day or night
- Harvest energy regardless of weather conditions - snow, rain, fog
- Provides 8x more daily wattage than 14w solar panel
- Easy to pack and transport
- Comes in either USB or 12V output
The WindLily Turbine is the perfect device for the backpacker, outdoor enthusiast, and off-grid homesteader to utilize the power of the wind and have a sustainable energy source. As an attachment to the WaterLily, the entire device can be set up as either a wind turbine or water turbine, depending on the environment. Both configurations generate 15 watts of power and can be ordered in either USB or 12 volt versions.
Thank you for taking the time to read our article on the WindLily Turbine. We'd love to hear your feedback in the comments section below. If you've found this article to be useful and are interested in learning more, be sure to sign up for our newsletter.
Share this post!
- 5 Off-Grid Water Systems to Safeguard Against Water Scarcity - May 12, 2022
- How to Test Water Quality at Home: Your Complete Guide - March 11, 2022
- Ultimate Guide to Pumping Water from a River, Lake, or Creek - February 19, 2022